Career & College Promise
Career & College Promise offers North Carolina high school students a clear path to success in college or in a career. The program is free to all students who maintain a 3.0 GPA and meet all other eligibility requirements.
Career & College Promise is a commitment to helping every qualified student gain access to an affordable college education. Through a partnership of the North Carolina Community College System, the Department of Public Instruction, the University of North Carolina system and many independent colleges and universities, North Carolina is helping eligible high school students to begin earning college credit at a community college campus at no tuition cost to them or their families. Three pathways offer students the opportunity to earn:
College credit completely transferrable to all UNC System institutions and many of North Carolina's Independent Colleges and Universities.
A credential, certificate or diploma in a technical career.
- A high school diploma and two years of college credit in four to five years through innovative cooperative high schools (limited availability).
Career and College Promise Pathways provide structured dual enrollment opportunities for high school students. Qualified juniors and seniors may enroll in college transfer and career technical education certificate programs. Qualified ninth grade students may enroll in Cooperative Innovative High School Programs that provide the opportunity to complete a high school diploma and an associate’s degree in five years.
Contact Antonio Jordan at 919-807-7133, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Recent Activity Report
CCP - UpdatesTuesday, May 28, 2013 - 10:28
- CFNC Application Initiative is complete as of April 30, 2012. All colleges that are participating have gone 'Live' and following the established process.
- Additionally, State Board of Community Colleges was asked to approve Career and College Promise Operating Procedures Revisions.
- Revisions are taking place on the CCP FAQs as well as the Cooperative Innovative High School (CIHS) application.
At the request of staff, the State Board of Community Colleges is asked to:
- Approve the following addition to the CCP Operating Procedures.
- A student may concurrently enroll in two CTE programs of study provided the exception has been approved by the college’s Chief Academic Officer or his/her designee.
Rationale: The Career Technical Education Pathway addition provides an opportunity for exceptional students to take two CTE Pathway programs of study. This will provide students greater exposure to CTE programming and allow students the opportunity to complete credentials in two career technical education disciplines.
Approve the following PSAT Benchmark revisions.
- English- from 49 to 45
- Reading - from 50 to 47
- Mathematics - from 50 to 47
Rationale: The College Readiness Benchmarks on Approved Diagnostic Assessments Tests were revised per College Board. This revision to PSAT College Readiness Benchmarks provides a better prediction of students’ likelihood of succeeding in the first year of college. The new PSAT benchmarks are a more direct measure of whether or not students are on track to college readiness
- Approve the deletion of number seven under Career Technical Education Pathway.
Rationale: This statement was provided during the initial phase of CCP and is no longer applicable.
- The revisions for the CCP Operating Procedures will go for to SBCC 'For Action' in July.
- The revisions for the FAQs are still being crafted and edited. Fall 2013 is the tentative deadline for a finalized copy;
- The revisions for the CIHS is in the editing stage. The tentative deadline is for Fall 2013.
- About SuccessNC
- Guiding Goals
- Basic Skills Plus
- Career & College Promise
- Career & Technical HS to College Articulation
- Code Green Super CIP
- Common Core Alignment
- Completion by Design
- Comprehensive Articulation Agreement
- Data Initiative
- Developmental Education Initiative
- Financial Aid Simplification
- Integrated Teaching & Learning Gateway
- Math Pathways CIP
- Minority Male Mentoring
- Performance Measures & Funding
- Webinars & Videos