SuccessNC’s Guiding Goals
SuccessNC’s guiding goals are focused on bringing more college-ready students into high-quality educational and workforce training programs that will allow them to be well prepared for the post-recession economy as either an employee or entrepreneur. These goals were developed as part of the System Office’s strategic planning initiative with input from State Board members, community college presidents, trustees, faculty, staff and system office leadership.
- Improve Student Success: Increase the number of students leaving with a job-ready credential that can lead to becoming a successful employee or employer in a global economy and provide for better skills, better jobs, better pay, and continued educational attainment.
- Increase Student Access: Develop policies and practices that provide increased opportunities for students to enter into and proceed successfully through post-secondary education and training programs.
- Ensure Program Excellence: Examine and continually improve rigor, relevance and quality in all academic and training opportunities to ensure that successful completion equates to a competitive position in the workforce or in the attainment of higher educational goals.
Student Success Target:
Increase the percentage of students who transfer, complete credentials or remain continuously enrolled from a six-year baseline of 45% for the fall 2004 cohort to a six-year success rate of 59% for the fall 2014 cohort. Doing so will double the number of credential completers by 2020.
- About SuccessNC
- Guiding Goals
- Basic Skills Plus
- Career & College Promise
- Career & Technical HS to College Articulation
- Code Green Super CIP
- Common Core Alignment
- Completion by Design
- Comprehensive Articulation Agreement
- Data Initiative
- Developmental Education Initiative
- Financial Aid Simplification
- Integrated Teaching & Learning Gateway
- Math Pathways CIP
- Minority Male Mentoring
- Performance Measures & Funding
- Webinars & Videos